Valentines Day usually results in a spike in demand. It’s best to order early to avoid delays or shortages!
- Asparagus (USA) – Available but a bit pricey at the moment.
- Kiwiberry – Now available.
- Cara Cara Oranges (USA) – Pink fleshed oranges now available, beautiful premium quality oranges.
- Black Grapes – Aussie imports now available.
- White Peaches (Central Otago) – Beautiful fruit, enjoy it while you can.
- Gold Raspberries – Limited Supply.
- Mango (South American)
- Passionfruit (NZ) – Available now.
- Green Valley Cooking Cream – Only 17% Fat! Holds most of the same properties as ‘normal’ cream, however cannot whip. Ideal for soups, curries, pastas and general cooking.
- Nashi– NZ season starting soon.
- Brussel Sprouts – Might arrive late this week.
- Chilli – Nice exotics and colours coming in the weeks ahead.
- Celeriac – Approx. 2 weeks away.
- Limes (NZ) – Just around the corner.
- Figs (NZ) – Towards the end of the month.
- Gold Kumara – New season arriving late this week.
End of Season
- Mango (Australian) – South American imports available.
- Apples – A number of varieties will finish up this month, new season varieties are beginning to arrive but do note, your favourite may be unavailable for a while through January-March.
- Cherries – Finished by the end of the week.
- Ilam Hardy – Finished.
- Mandarins (AU) –Now finished.
- Kohl Rabi – Season finished.
- Green Veges – They’ve taken a battering by the weather the last few weeks, it’s starting to reflect in both price and availability.
- Jumbo Onions – Going to be short latter in the year as we move through the stocks, because the jumbo size of the crop is nowhere as large as previous years. We will keep you updated.
- Lemons – We are now supplying USA imports as our main lemon line, domestic Yen Ben and Meyer will continue to be offered subject to availability throughout summer but do note, the quality is only average.
- Strawberries – Last week the heatwave, this week the warm rain, same story causing major issues and unfortunately there will be days of no supply. Quality is only average, so more than likely there will be sticky fruit in most chips. Imports are still some way off, so we will have to struggle by with what we can lay our hands on through February.
- Mango (South American) – Fruit is a different animal and cannot be compared with the Australian. Tends to be on the smaller size and firmer, so order ahead.
- Avocados – Supply is tight at present and getting fruit ripe is a struggle, unfortunately fruit may be on the firm side some days. Also a heads up that supply is going to be extremely short from April onwards due to a very light crop this season. We recommend not having avos on your Autumn menu, as early indications are that May/June will be desperately short (if available at all) and subsequently horrendously expensive.
- Steamed Bao Buns frozen (8 per pkt) – $5.99 per pkt
- Prawns Whole Black Tiger 16/20 800gm – $18.60 each
- Prawns Whole Black Tiger 21/25 800gm – $15.60 each
- Prawns Whole Black Tiger 26/30 800gm – $15.60 each
- Filo Pastry Timos 750g – $5.50 each
- Eel Fillets Smoked (200gm) Frozen – $9.90 each
- Westpro Unsalted and Salted butter 454g – $4.85 each
- Acai Pure Pulp Frozen (10x100g) sleeve – $23.00 each (Available from Wednesday 14th February 2018)