- USA Peaches & Nectarines – now available
- NZ Oranges – Now available
- Dill – 2 weeks
- Rocket – available next week
- Papaya & Green Papaya – 2 weeks away due to shipping delays
Cold wet weather is adversely affecting all produce quality at this time. We expect to experience smaller sizes and reduced shelf life across all lines of produce. We will continue to source the best quality available from our growers.
- Flat & Wild Rocket – unavailable at present
- Basil – Limited supply only
- Baby spinach – could possibly go short
- Eggplant – Smaller size only this week
- Lettuce mix – quality affected by weather
- R&D has closed down post-Lockdown and they were the main supplier of the Wood ear, Medley and Honeycomb. Other suppliers are working towards growing these varieties but they face issues around MPI and economic viability – it is high risk and they need to ensure they are top of their staples such as Oyster and Enoki.
- Enoki and Oyster grow on logs which are imported from China. MPI has made the importing of these logs very difficult due to the coronavirus issues. Importing costs are also 4 times higher due to no passengers on the planes coming in.
- Oyster mushrooms are struggling with the climate and are taking longer to get stability in supply. Oyster quality fluctuates as they first pick on the logs is the best and then the quality goes down from there. We will have excellent quality at times and average at others.