Queen’s Birthday – We’ll be closed for deliveries on Monday 4th June. We’ve added an extra delivery run for Waiheke on Tuesday 5th June, and for Piha on Sunday 3rd June.
- Banana Shallots – Now readily available.
- Yams – Season is now underway with red yams in stock now. Yellow & Apricot usually arrive in around a months time. Availability runs until late September / early October.
- Yuzu – Unique tasting Japanese citrus variety now in stock, very limited availability this season due to a poor crop, around for a week or two at best.
- Buddha’s Hand Citron – For over a millennium the Chinese and Japanese have prized the bizarre Buddha’s Hand Citron, which looks like a cross between a giant lemon and a squid. Chefs are interested in the exotic value of the fruit and its aromatic peel. Ideas: Add chopped up rind to fish marinades, use the candied peel in baking, infuse in vodka, add to fish or fruit poaching liquor. It adds flavour that has been described as “kumquat-tangerine”, which is distinct from the lemonier flavour of regular citrus. Available for the next 4-6 weeks.
- Pork Smorker Breakfast Sausage – A mild Smokey flavour to start, then the sweet taste of hickory and honey blending together, followed by a little heat at the end. $13.99/kg.
- Cherries (USA) – Early June.
- Grapefruit (NZ) – Season usually commences mid June.
End of Season
- Feijoa – Last few days of the season, supply is now sporadic and may be unavailable some days.
- Blueberry – Looking like an early finish this year with only a week or so left to go.
- Sweetcorn – Now finished for the season.
- Red Kiwifruit – Last week of supply.
- Raspberry – 1-2 weeks to go before it’s all over.
- Quince – Season finishing in a couple of weeks.
- Figs – Last few days of the season, supply is now sporadic and may be unavailable some days.
- Avocados – As forecast earlier in the year, supply is now tightening up significantly and the price is firm. The next 6 weeks will be a struggle and the price is now high. It appears inevitable there will be days where we will be unable to supply through this period. We recommend removing avocados from your menu and then reviewing the situation once new season commences in mid to late June.
- Strawberries –imports now available in limited numbers, price has eased somewhat
- Baby Red Kumara $3/kg while stocks last
- Quail Eggs $6.95/dozen pack
- Jumbo Orange Kumara $5/kg
- Chilled Lamb Hind Shanks – $10.99kg for the next week. 2 per pack.
- Frozen Size 4 Turkey – Amazing low price of $45.00 each (limited stock available)
- Frozen Turkey Drumsticks – $4.99/kg (limited stock available)